MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Could Dan Henderson be the answer to Jon Jones?

View Single Post

Old 04-22-2011, 10:57 PM   #21 (permalink)
duckyou666
Flyweight

duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666
Simply put, NO, Hendo would not be the man to dethrone Jones. If not for that sledgehammer right hand, Hendo's stand up would be mediocre at best. Besides, Hendo could not get close enough to land that slow pitch overhand, giving up over 10 inches in reach. Jones is more dynamic anywhere this fight goes. Standing, Hendo - Overhand right, Jones - anything he wants to throw. Clinch, this is close, since both have world class Greco, but I'm gonna go with Jones because he actually uses throws now, and I don't think I've seen Hendo successfully throw anyone since pride. Ground, this'd have to be Jones also, cuz if the Wrestling was even, Jones has submissions, Hendo doesn't, or at least doesn't use them, at all, ever. Again, No Hendo is not the answer to Jon Jones.
duckyou666 is offline   Reply With Quote