MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Machida's TDD

Thread: Machida's TDD
View Single Post

Old 04-24-2011, 10:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Servatose
Bantamweight

Servatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level now
This is a good thread. I think we can look at a few things to get an idea of Machida's TDD, as both the OP and other posters have implied. Also, the Shogun quote regarding Machida's TDD is interesting. One thing I do know about Machida's base, which can perhaps be some sort of correlation with the level of his TDD is that he did practice sumo. I also believe he held some sort of title in it. If that is true, which I'm fairly certain it is -- I don't really have the time to check sources but I believe I have before, it would say a lot about his TDD, because so much of sumo is based on positioning and keeping a solid base.

It also has a very deep level of competition because, not only has it been around for a really long time but there are so many practitioners, that high-level sumo would definitely be something to consider.