MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - David Speas def. Russell Hewett Jr. via 1st rd. Submission (Strikes)

View Single Post

Old 04-25-2011, 11:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
The Amarok
Flyweight

The Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By AllThe Amarok Is Beloved By All
David Speas def. Russell Hewett Jr. via 1st rd. Submission (Strikes)

The fight started out pretty slow. I took 2 kicks to the thigh and went in for a clinch. He throw several knees to my body until I pressed him against the cage. I was able to drop down for a double leg TD into half guard. I was then able to posture up and deliver some GNP. Then I adjusted to full mount and rained down more shots until he tried to roll out of it. I sank in hooks and went for a RNC until he was on his stomach. I throw more shots until he tapped and the ref stop the fight.

All I can say is Im 19 and I have a long way to go. My biggest weakness is Im timid standing up. Granted he was a MT fighter and common sense told me that taking him done was the best idea. But I know its a mental thing with me and I know that if I start sparring more I will get over my timidity. Im more comfortable on the ground since I did Wrestling and THEN TKD.
So basically Im a wrestler with a kickboxing base so to speak. Im trying to think of a good MMA fighter who has a simple combination of that style so I can see how its really done.
Props to RH jr for the bout. He is a good MT fighter.