MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Will Nate be "The Great" at Welterweight?

View Single Post

Old 04-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
Dream-On-101
Flyweight

Dream-On-101 is on another level nowDream-On-101 is on another level nowDream-On-101 is on another level nowDream-On-101 is on another level nowDream-On-101 is on another level nowDream-On-101 is on another level nowDream-On-101 is on another level nowDream-On-101 is on another level nowDream-On-101 is on another level nowDream-On-101 is on another level nowDream-On-101 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckeever View Post
I don't get why he's moved to a division which is basically a shark tank of wrestlers. He's going to get eaten alive.

Agreed, he'll probably do similar to Thiago Alves - which is very well, until he meets an excellent wrestler. And his striking is not even close to Thiago's level in my opinion.

I can see Marquardt doing very well and putting a couple of decent wins together, then running into someone like Josh Koshcheck or Jon Fitch at which point his run to the top will be quickly derailed.

In fact, if the Rumble who fought Dan Hardy turns up with that state of mind to utilise his wrestling, Marquardt could easily lose this fight (though of course he should have a better TDD than Hardy).

I'm also interested to see how the cut will affect him.

There are some interesting fights for him at Welterweight, but personally i feel he would of been better staying at Middleweight. There are A LOT of things that have to go right for him in order to ever challenge for the title. GSP fecking of to middleweight being one of them.

Brock Lesnar
The Reem
Frank Mir
Matt Mitrione
Shogun
Rampage
Matt Hughes
Vitor Belfort
Rousimar Palhares
Gray Maynard
Dream-On-101 is offline   Reply With Quote