MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - I lost my title fight. :[

View Single Post

Old 04-26-2011, 12:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Kin
MMA fighter

Kin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
Don't lose your confidence because you lost a fight. You NEED to lose to learn, I have seen your other fights and it isn't a secret that you have the skill set to be a promising fighters, you lose you learn that's the bottom line.

Btw, not just because I like you, because if you won this fight I would have said the same thing, but that was an EXTREMELY premature stoppage, you fell and rolled on your back to let him in your guard and the ref stopped it, I can't believe you didn't protest that man.

You did great, hold your head high.
Thanks man. I conceptually understand why it shouldn't affect my confidence, but it eats at me nonetheless. that said, I honestly believe that in the long run this will be good for me. It's opened my eyes to a lot of things that I need to work on, technically and mentally, so it can only make me better.

As for the ref stoppage, I was pretty upset but as much as you protest it, nothing will change so I figured that it wouldn't be worth it. If I don't win, I want to lose as graciously as possible and not take anything away from my opponent by making excuses or insinuating that he didn't 'really finish me.'

Either way my coaches and I agree that to become better, I need to fight a lot more frequently. Due to school and various things, there was a 10 month gap between my last fight and this one. If I truly want to prepare myself to go pro and to get my body and mind used to fighting, I have to do it much more frequently. I've already got a fight booked for June 17th and we're looking for another one some time in May...

Support my FB athlete page!

Watch my 5th pro fight here

Watch my "Bare Knuckle" Boxing match here

Kin is offline   Reply With Quote