MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jon Jones injured, Phil Davis to replace him VS. Rashad Evans

View Single Post

Old 04-26-2011, 03:07 PM   #87 (permalink)
The Dark Knight
Lightweight

The Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
Davis is so much faster in all aspects than Rashad that it's going to be laughable come fight time. He can shoot for a clinch throw, change to a double, switch to a single faster than Rashad can tweak his nipples.

The size difference will be pretty considerable as well.

Davis is fast. Very fast. But I don't think the speed difference will be as significant as you suggest. Rashad is as fast a LHW as they come. In terms of shooting for TD's, Davis may be SLIGHTLY better. But I bet in the striking exchanges it will be the other way round. Rashad's comfortable striking and very loose whereas sometimes it seems Davis is tensing up and he has yet to be 100% comfortable with throwing strikes the way he can shoot. I guess that will come with experience, but don't be surprised to see Rashad beat Davis to the punch on most striking exchanges.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote