MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jon Jones reply to people who said hes ducking Evans

View Single Post

Old 04-26-2011, 05:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
HexRei
I Finish Threads

HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
That was Malki Kawa's reply.

jones said-

I wonder which ones telling the truth.
jones saying it doesnt affect his punching or grappling doesn't actually go against kawa's assertion that doctors said it won't get better and will only get worse if he goes through a training camp and fight without fixing it. not being a hindrance in the fight and training is not the same as not getting further injured during that period and needing more work later.

so, based on what has been stated so far, I tend to agree with kawa. the longer you go without treating a tear that needs surgery, the less functionality you'll be restoring. scar tissue builds up, the tear can exacerbate, and other injuries can occur as you make up for the damaged part by overcompensating with other parts.