MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Diego Sanchez vs Matt Hughes In The Fall

View Single Post

Old 04-28-2011, 09:44 PM   #30 (permalink)
kc1983
Featherweight

kc1983 Is Running Through The Rankingskc1983 Is Running Through The Rankingskc1983 Is Running Through The Rankingskc1983 Is Running Through The Rankingskc1983 Is Running Through The Rankingskc1983 Is Running Through The Rankingskc1983 Is Running Through The Rankingskc1983 Is Running Through The Rankingskc1983 Is Running Through The Rankingskc1983 Is Running Through The Rankingskc1983 Is Running Through The Rankings
While I do think Hughes is capable of getting the takedown I think he will have a harder time doing it than others have said. I also don't think he has anything to offer standing. Now, Diego doesn't necessarily have the best boxing skills either but if there's one thing he has proved its that he has a solid chin - Kampmann was beating the shit out of him standing and Diego still kept coming forward.

I also think Diego's pace will be too much for Hughes.

Diego wins this via TKO or UD all day. He is way better at WW and as awesome as Hughes was that was years ago. He is 37 and is coming off a brutal KO loss to Penn.

The only way Hughes has a chance is if he can continuously take Diego down and stay busy for 3 whole rounds...I just don't see it happening guys
kc1983 is offline   Reply With Quote