MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bellator FC 43

Thread: Bellator FC 43
View Single Post

Old 04-30-2011, 09:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
mattandbenny
Elusive

mattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renown
Looking forward to this next week, even though i think the styles involved will result in some less than exciting decisions. My predictions:

Rick Hawn v Jay Hieron
Personally i thought Good beat Hawn in the semi's, but it was a close fight and cant call it a robbery. Hieron has looked pretty poor in his last few fights, even before bellator he got a couple of lopsided decisions over Riggs and Taylor. Of all the finals this season, i think this one will be the worst. I think Hawn will have some success early on and maybe snatch the first round, but Hieron will be too much for him and get another decision. Hieron by Unanimous Decision.

Bryan Baker v Joe Riggs
Baker is a fighter i really like, and i was suprised when he lost the season 3 final to Shlemenko. Hopefully he's back to 100% after his illness, he still looked a little weak against Horn in his last fight i think. Riggs is great on his day, but its not been his day too much recently - since 2010 he's just 2-2. I think the skid will continue here, and Baker will take quite a dominant decision. Baker by Unanimous Decision.

Zak Jensen v Neil Grove
This is Grove's first fight sinc he got to last seasons final. I dont really rate Grove and was suprised he got so far - he's a massive heavyweight but has zero ground game. Saying that, Jensen is a guy i rate even less, he was poor on TUF and has done nothing since then. Grove by 1st round TKO.

Chase Beebe v Jose Vega
Vega is a guy i like, he's exciting, but i think Beebe will just be way too much for him here. After his 5 fight losing skid, he's gone a solid 5-1 and looks to be back to his old self. Vega is a good kid and will be decent i nthe future, but i just think he'll get dominated here. Beebe by 2nd round Submission.

On the undercard, i think Stinson should beat Gorczynski pretty easily by 2nd round submission, Provinc woill get back to winning ways (although i havnt heard of his opponent) and Ron Sparks will absolutely smash Barnes.

FORMER UFC CPL CHAMPION

CPL RECORD: 5-3

Events Attended: UFC 120, CWFC 45, CWFC 52
mattandbenny is offline   Reply With Quote