MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Lyoto Machida Appreciation Thread

View Single Post

Old 05-01-2011, 04:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
Canadian Psycho
You're Welcome.

Canadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle View Post
I was not suggesting that Lyoto get a title shot based on beating Randy. He just deserves a lot more respect than he has been given recently. He is a top 5 fighter, no doubt. He just got a bit off track. To me, he didn't lose his last 3 fights. He lost one as far as I am concerned. Then, all of a sudden in many eyes he was garbage and should be cut if he loses to Couture. I think having to fight Randy, at this stage of Randy's career, was kind of an insult to Machida's ability. Randy was never going to win this fight. Randy ten years ago, different story. I think it was obvious to many that Randy was going to get hurt in this fight, and he was as he was totally overmatched.
Haha, fair enough... 'garbage' is a bit much, lol. He definitely hit a slump, but no fighter is immune to it. Like I said, where he goes from here will be the real story of Lyoto Machida.
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote