MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - GSP's trainer :" St. Pierre about as big as he'll get"

View Single Post

Old 05-04-2011, 12:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
morninglightmt
Bantamweight

morninglightmt is on another level nowmorninglightmt is on another level nowmorninglightmt is on another level nowmorninglightmt is on another level nowmorninglightmt is on another level nowmorninglightmt is on another level nowmorninglightmt is on another level nowmorninglightmt is on another level nowmorninglightmt is on another level nowmorninglightmt is on another level nowmorninglightmt is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigFig View Post
Dude, Morning, you're being a little harsh. Jake wanted nothing to do with Rocha's ground game after taking it to the mat and getting put in precarious positions. Though Rocha's stand-up is pretty awful, and it would take some fierce training to get it up to snuff, but if he were to get it to a level of just being respectable, he'll be wicked dangerous. I think that's what OWNS is getting at -- he's looking forward (a few fights ahead). If Rocha somehow manages to get that striking developed, look out. Granted, right now he is too one dimensional to be a top contender.
He keeps bringing up Rocha like he's a contender and he clearly is not. He is 1 and 1 in the UFC coming off a loss to a wrestler far less skilled than GSP who dictated where the fight went. A year or 2 down the road? maybe? There's guys right now in the title picture, bringing Rocha in to the conversation with them is absurd. He hasn't beaten anyone yet!

I just did a search for UFC_OWNS and Rocha.

Quote:
gsp has diaz,story,ellnburger,macdonald,condit and rocha if he gets better stand up.
a big if

Quote:
diaz and condit will give gsp a fight and i think ellenburger and a rocha with striking would too
maybe BJ Penn with a katana would give GSP problems as well

Quote:
bj penn and eduardo rocha are the 2 guys who will end the wrestlers reign of terror on the welterweight division, hopefully nate diaz does too.
This is hilarious because it was posted 2/25 after Rocha lost to a wrestler.

Edit. I just looked up Ellenberger. He's a bluebelt. Fwiw
morninglightmt is offline   Reply With Quote