MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Lew Polley responds to dismissal

View Single Post

Old 05-07-2011, 10:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
Trix
Lightweight

Trix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By AllTrix Is Beloved By All
Ramsey Nijem, surprisingly, seems to think as I do:

Quote:
Before the fights got started, we saw Junior dos Santos kick one of the assistant coaches, Lew Polley, off the team. Did you agree with that decision?
I was glad -- that was a long time coming. I didn't have too many personal run-ins with Lew but he's just kind of an arrogant jerk. He thinks his way is the best way and I also thought he didn't give us the best advice for fighting. Lew said something about how Junior didn't like him because he's not Brazilian but that's not true. Junior is one of the nicest guys ever. None of us are Brazilian and he treated all of us fine because we're not jerks. Lew got his 15 minutes of fame, I guess.

Junior and Lew never really seemed to see eye to eye. Do you know how it came to be that Lew was on Junior's team?
I think they just needed a wrestling coach and Lew happened to be at the right place at the right time. I'm sure Lew told Junior that he'd be a good assistant. But I think Junior should have kicked him off the team sooner.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/05/0...riticizes-gsp/
From Ryan McGillivray's perspective:

Quote:
Now we revisit the situation of the growing tension between coach Lew and Coach Junior. It comes to light that Lew attempted to go over to the fighter’s house without his fellow coaches. Also that he had asked some of the fighters to get the ingredients for the bath to cut weight as I did for my weight cut to use for Zach in his. This comes out after Junior had made it very apparent he was not in support of this process and did not want us using it again. It was not just this incident that made Junior ask Lew to leave but a number of them over the past weeks. Now Junior has had enough and takes Lew aside and asks him to leave the show as he does not feel he understands his role. I was personally very surprised that this whole situation went down.

http://topmmanews.com/2011/05/05/rya...log-episode-6/
Trix is offline   Reply With Quote