MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rampage: "As soon as movies start paying me more than I make to fight, I'm gone"

View Single Post

Old 05-09-2011, 08:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
limba
NO. 1 *BONER*

limba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Material
Exclamation Rampage: "As soon as movies start paying me more than I make to fight, I'm gone"

Quote:
"Honestly, I've been known for keeping it real and I have to keep it real," Jackson said. "As soon as movies start paying me more than I make to fight, I'm gone. It don't hurt to make movies. It don't hurt that bad. Everyday I train. Everyday I'm like, 'Man, I can't wait until I get another big movie.'"

When asked if movies were his future, Jackson didn't shy around the question.

"Hell yeah, you can't fight forever," Jackson said. "I don't have the type of blood Randy Couture has. I give it up to him. I take my hate off to that guy, but I'm not that guy. I don't plan on fighting until I'm 40. And I'm not Chuck Liddell. I'm not coming to work inside the UFC office when I retire. That's not me. I'm an entertainer, I like making people laugh. I like doing movies, action moves and stuff like that. I might even try to be a comedian one day, who knows?

"I wanna keep going after I get done fighting. Some fans are kinda selfish, they don't understand I got four kids that gotta be put through college and everything. MMA don't have an MMA pension. They don't pay you once you retire. I got bills, I gotta keep going."

Jackson knows his place in the sport of mixed martial arts. He doesn't want to lead fans on and make them think he will be in this sport for ten more years. He knows his time is almost up. Until then, Jackson just wants you to have a good time.

"I'm just here to fight people," Jackson said. "I'm here to just make you laugh and give you exciting fights. I'm not cocky like these other guys. I'm not a big arrogant fighter and stuff like that."
Great (long) interview with Rampage ---> HERE:

BELIEVE!

limba is offline   Reply With Quote