MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - New Fighter Training Log

View Single Post

Old 05-12-2011, 02:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
twholman
MMA Fanatic

twholman has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Day 2

Another Jiu-Jitsu class today, worked on sweeping out of the half guard again into the electric chair position. Then we worked on getting into the electric chair position from something called the dog fight that I didn稚 really understand yet. I also learned the jaws of life move for getting double underhooks, which seems like a very useful tool that I値l have to remember. Sparring was a lot of the same, just me trying the same moves, I just learned, then not knowing what痴 going on when my partner tries some submission. Kudos to the guys I train with, cause they don稚 mind answering stupid questions that I値l ask in the middle of a sparring round. I知 doing my first day of personal training with an MMA guy tomorrow. I知 hoping he値l set me up on a sweet program, which I値l share on here as soon as I get it. Still working on the diet thing, I知 reading a book, Nancy Clark痴 Sports Nutrition Guidebook to set up a program for that. Just been busy having just moved back from college and reconnecting with old friends/moving back in/getting a job set up, so I値l do my best to get that figured out ASAP.

I知 hoping that the gym I知 at will offer enough in the way of kickboxing. I may have to branch out and find another private teacher who can get me some good technique lessons on kickboxing. Then the next challenge will be finding a sparring partner. There is a straight boxing gym in town, may have to look into that.
twholman is offline   Reply With Quote