MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - on JDS coaching

Thread: on JDS coaching
View Single Post

Old 05-12-2011, 07:44 AM   #29 (permalink)
The Dark Knight
Lightweight

The Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatThe Dark Knight Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
I don't get the hate for the wrestling coach guy. Really JDS IMO comes off like he wants to hold his fighters hands and treat them like kids. Polley treated them like the professional fighters they are supposed to be. A good coach is not there to be your friend and tell you all the sunshine and lollipop stories you want to hear. I think Lew saw JDS struggling because of his lack of English and Lew tried to step up to the plate and be a leader. JDS wanted to be the big dog and was threatened by the way Lew stepped up. I think people should see this for the insecurity from JDS that it is. JDS is not a great coach, he just doesn't want people to think less of him because his wrestling coach had to do the coaching for him.
Very insightful points. That said, I do kinda feel for Dos Santos and see where he was coming from. I think if the cameras weren't rolling on him, he'd be a bit more reserved about Lew stepping up, but his repuation is pretty much on the line and he is trying to lead and take charge, for better or worse. I'm not saying that JDS is trying being fake or anything, but I think a lot of people in his position would be conflicted about what to do. I do agree that it was a bit extreme letting Lew go like that though.

A little off topic but don't you guys think that JDS is an attractive bloke? I'm not gay or anything but there is something very handsome about him. Funny ears not aside.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote