MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Strikeforce Pick 'em League GP

View Single Post

Old 05-13-2011, 08:50 PM   #49 (permalink)
420atalon
Heavyweight

420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeabides View Post
And it's like Bobby says, the champ has earned his choice of whether or not to compete in the tourney. If he wins 3 or 4 in a row (only hope we get that kind of turnout signed up) and that keeps the belt from being possibly taken, that is just a benefit the champ will also deserve. Being able to pull off a streak like that would make it hard to see him losing his title in most any defense that would've happened anyway.
Yeah facing the lowest ranked SF pickers that probably don't even know half the fighters on the cards is really going to show what kind of champion MK is... Really makes it obvious whether or not MK would stay champion if he were to actually fight the best opponents...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
just like it's done in Strikeforce right now with Overeem.
Yeah, cause everyone should follow in the joke of MMA's footsteps... The UFC ended up buying SF because of SF's poor decision making ability...

What is funny is that MK actually agrees with me and knows it but is too scared to put his own belt on the line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machida Karate View Post
I still think because of the state SF is in, and how stupid whack its been, i still say the winner of the HW tourney should leave with the belt...

But whatever.... All good fights... It would just be truly annoying if Fedor beats Overeem in the tourney and loses the title fight lol
Maybe it is just because he has gotten used to losing title fights and then getting another shot to keep his belt...

Edit: If MK's record isn't on the line in this tournament, if myself or Hixxy enter are we safe as well(ie don't lose top contender status if we lose in GP)?
420atalon is offline   Reply With Quote