MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Strikeforce Pick 'em League GP

View Single Post

Old 05-14-2011, 01:50 AM   #51 (permalink)
dudeabides
Gabba Gabba Hey

dudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchable
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantowrestler View Post
Is this going to have the same format as the actual Strikeforce Grand Prix where if the champion is in the final the title will be on the line as well?
Technically the only prizes of the tourney that were posted and used last time are title shot and limba's trophy (plus, you know, credits). If MK was still champ and got to the final, they could do the title shot there and not have to go twice in a row if they wanted. It would keep things moving, you know. But things are not always guaranteed to happen like you think, an early tourney exit or a loss in a title defense outside the tourney would change things up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420atalon View Post
Yeah facing the lowest ranked SF pickers that probably don't even know half the fighters on the cards is really going to show what kind of champion MK is.

Edit: If MK's record isn't on the line in this tournament, if myself or Hixxy enter are we safe as well(ie don't lose top contender status if we lose in GP)?
Glad you like the idea so much, we'll do more tourneys every once in a while as long as people stay interested. It will give everyone a chance, and later on some people who come on later might find it tough to the number of wins others have. And I don't assume to know myself how many shows someone has watched or how many fighters they recognize based on how many times they have competed in a pick 'em game.

The answer to the other question if you seriously need one, is no. The fights count on everyone's records.

Nobody F's with the Jesus
(Sig by Killz cause of boatoar)
FFL: Silva, Silva, Nogueira, Nogueira & Franklin
dudeabides is offline   Reply With Quote