MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - TUF 13 Conspiracy

View Single Post

Old 05-16-2011, 12:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Ciaci
MMA Fanatic

Ciaci is a jewel in the roughCiaci is a jewel in the roughCiaci is a jewel in the roughCiaci is a jewel in the roughCiaci is a jewel in the roughCiaci is a jewel in the roughCiaci is a jewel in the roughCiaci is a jewel in the roughCiaci is a jewel in the roughCiaci is a jewel in the roughCiaci is a jewel in the rough
"If he really is sick again and this is legit, then it's unfortunate that people like me have these thoughts..."

We all know that saying about opinions being like a**holes. I like a conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, and I actually believe that much goes on at the higher levels of government / society that could be labeled as "conspiracy theory."

This far flung "opinion" however, seems to me to have more holes in it than Chael Sonnen's submission defense. I believe that Brock is sick with diverticulitis; diverticulitis is a serious and potentially recurrent disease. A far more simple, elegant and plausible solution to this issue of Brock not fighting JDS is that Brock is simply too sick to fight because he had a recurrence of his illness. Does anyone question BJ Penn or John Fitch when they pulled out of their fight? Or Frankie Edgar and Grey Maynard?? Then why Brock? It's not like he has a history of being soft and a quitter.

The thing with free speech is that we are all entitled to say what we want provided we don't endanger others. This dude is certainly entitled to his opinion. But just because we can say something doesn't always mean that we should say something. Opinions likes these, if based solely on conjecture, can be injurious and harmful.

I find it both unprofessional and unsavory to hear someone qualify a rant in which he questions someone's integrity with "If he really is sick again and this is legit, then it's unfortunate that people like me have these thoughts..." If and apology AND this MEGA CAVEAT precede your conspiracy theory, than maybe it's better to keep your conspiracy theory to yourself.

I am not a huge Brock Lesnar fan, though I respect what he has accomplished greatly. I hope he recovers quickly and comes back soon.

Just my $0.02
Ciaci is offline   Reply With Quote