MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Upgrading PS3 Hard Drive

View Single Post

Old 05-17-2011, 02:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
hixxy
'England Elite'

hixxy Is A Pound 4 Pound Greathixxy Is A Pound 4 Pound Greathixxy Is A Pound 4 Pound Greathixxy Is A Pound 4 Pound Greathixxy Is A Pound 4 Pound Greathixxy Is A Pound 4 Pound Greathixxy Is A Pound 4 Pound Greathixxy Is A Pound 4 Pound Greathixxy Is A Pound 4 Pound Greathixxy Is A Pound 4 Pound Greathixxy Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Upgrading PS3 Hard Drive

I have a 40GB Playstation 3 and its practically full now so i have bought a Western Digital 250GB hard drive to replace the 40GB hard drive.

I have read the following link (http://www.cnet.com.au/how-to-upgrad...339282375.html) on how to perform the change, and i am comfortable with doing it, but i have one question that hopefully someone can help me with.

Once you have your upgrade drive, the next step is to back up the data on your current PS3 hard drive to an external storage unit. You can skip this step if you aren't attached to your music, videos, and game saves, but most of us will probably want to save all that information. The PS3 has a built-in software backup utility that can copy the PS3's hard-drive contents to an external storage device, such as a USB thumb drive or a memory stick.

Can i use a 1TB external hard drive for the above? As i dont have a USB thumb drive or memory stick?

This is all i need to know them im good to go.

Thanks for any help.
hixxy is offline   Reply With Quote