MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Who is the best grappler in the world

View Single Post

Old 05-18-2011, 12:41 PM   #32 (permalink)
Squirrelfighter
Squirrel Fighting Champ

Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan View Post
I'm assuming that you are basing this strictly on MMA performances. I suppose that's fine, but there are a lot of guys that are around the same level as these guys in terms of applying BJJ in MMA competition. Seems fine, to me, to compare a guy like Maia to a guy like Nogueira in terms of MMA performances, but for me style plays a major role, as does technical ability.

I end up thinking that, in terms of technical ability on the ground, watching a Jeff Monson or a Fabricio Werdum is a lot more impressive than Shields or B.J. Not that those guys aren't great, but I don't see the same level of technical precision.
Yeah, I'm basing it soley on MMA performances. I'm not up on non-MMA JJ so I'd rather not comment on it.

Technically, there may be people superior to Penn or Shields on the ground. But # of MMA wins/dominations is how I'm determining who/how I'd rate in MMA.

Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. That’s it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote