Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Jon Jones next opponent revealed?

4K views 41 replies 29 participants last post by  Dream-On-101 
#1 ·
Reactions: BobbyCooper
#4 ·
Hah, the UFC screwing over Evans is becoming so funny, its pitiful.

If Rampage wins. He'll take tons of abuse from Jones before getting TKOed in the 3/4th, or he'll get to the inside and land one of those gloriously deadly hooks, which WILL finish Jones if it hits clean.

Machida will either in-and-out Jones and frustrate him to death, or catch a vs Shogun esque beatdown.

#5 ·
As much as I'd love to see JBJ vs The Dragon, I can't help but feel Rashad got the short end of the stick here.

Also, I agree Bobby, I think if you compare peaked fighter vs peaked fighter in Rampage & Hamil, Rampage takes the fight, but I don't think Rampage will come in as sharp as he should because he' underestimating Hamil and Hamil will take the win as a result. I question Rampage's heart as is at this current venture of his career, let alone having to fight someone he doesn't care to fight, that if Hamil starts to out-wrestle him, I think Rampage will mentally check out.

#7 ·
True! I think if Hammil can make this a Wrestling match mostly he has a great shot at frustrating Rampage.. just don't know if Hammil is a good enough MMA Wrestler to do so.

But I don't question Rampage's heart anymore. He acted the same way before the Machida fight and came out strong.

I think it's really just the training which makes him go nuts. When the Cage doors close he's ready!

But it's really a close fight and if Hammil can do what Rashad did, then he wins this fight!

With this scoring system even more!

#9 ·
Rashad has two sloopy victories under his belt after he got KO'd by Lyoto.

Rashad won two straight via decision and almost lost both of them in the last round, which he clearly lost.

If LHW devision wasn't so poor right now.. Rashad would be far away from a title shot in my mind.

#11 ·
As a fan I'd love to see Machida get a title shot, however I can't sit here and say he's earned it.

Rashad's getting the shaft though, lol.

#14 ·
If he gets the shot, I believe he can win, his karate will be hard to deal with and if he's still under the teaching of Steven Seagal, Jones may not have much of a shot.

#18 ·
Oh God I have never wanted Rampage to win a fight so baddly.

No, not because I like Rampage or even dislike him and want to see Jones destroy him... I want to see him win and get a title shot because if he does this will burn Rashad's balls so hard he'll probably cry at the press conference. Can you imagine that? First his "best friend" taking his title shot and winning the belt because he got injured and then his most hated enemy skipping over him to get the title shot for a fight he (rightfully) thinks he should have? Oh damn that must be devastating.

Rashad must have some terrible, terrible Karma built up for all of this happening to him.

#19 ·
I hope Rampage wins Saturday, just so Machida doesn't get a title shot so fast, he is 1-2 in his last 3 fights and surely doesn't deserve a title shot.

This isn't like the HW division where only 3-4 fighters ever compete for the title, at least give the fight back to Rashad. I kinda feel bad for the dude...

#21 ·
iirc Fitch didn't sit out not accepting fights for a year just because he knew he would lose "his shot".

In a perfect world, Both Rampage and Lyoto have exciting/dominating performances, Rampage gets the title shot, and Evans gets Machida. LOL.

#22 ·
Best case scenario is that Hamill squeaks out a win and gets the shot then the LHW division should settle itself between Evans Rampage Shogun Machida Forrest and maybe Bader and any Strikeforce crossovers.

#24 ·
Whoever is saying JBJ will stop Rampage is silly. Rampage hasn't been stopped in years, and the last time he has been stopped, it came from soccer kicks against Shogun. I think Rampage has the best shot out of anyone in the LHW division currently to beat JBJ, thats not to say that JBJ doesn't have a chance with his speed/wrestling and reach.

The one thing I do know going into a Rampage/JBJ fight, Rampage will not be stopped.

#30 ·
It's pretty obvious now to me that Jones ducked Rashad Evans and why would you be so suprised about that?

The trained together and I am sure Jones knows that he would lose today!

There is no other theory here!

Problem is he won't beat him :D

Hamil is just way to hungry!!

#29 ·
I'm not the biggest Rashad fan in the world, in fact I can't stand him, but this is bollocks. I just don't get it? Why can't they just rearrange Jones/Shad and cancel Phil Davis, go back to the original bout that was supposed to take place.

I would rather see Page/Jones from a personal stand point, so I shouldn't really be complaining, but I actually feel a bit sorry for Evans here.

Rashad beats Rampage, yet Rampage is in line for a title shot if he beats Hamill?

WTF is this bullshit?! This ain't right.

#31 ·
I wonder how much abuse Rampage can take from JBJ. The LHW division just got interesting. JBJ can sense the impending danger coming his way...

1.) Rampage
2.) Machida
3.) Rashad
4.) Shogun x 2
5.) Hendo

Come to think of it that's an impressive list if he can take em all out. I'm still betting on "The Dragon" to pull the upset.

"The Spider."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.