MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - GSP/Shields Scorecards released

View Single Post

Old 05-25-2011, 06:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Squirrelfighter
Squirrel Fighting Champ

Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo de Amigo View Post
I had GSP winning every round and Jake should be ashamed his a BJJ ace he should have busted a gut to get that fight on the mat.
I was really annoyed during the fight, so much so I was jumping up and down screaming and cursing for him to shoot.

But in hindsight...Shields said in almost every pre-fight UFC hype video, "I want to stand with GSP." "I want to be able to beat GSP on the feet." And I have to give him credit for sticking to his guns and trying to do exactly what he said he wanted to do.

I think it was the dumbest f*cking strategy in the history of strategies, but I commend him for it. The "come on baby!" in round #4 was classic, my second favorite moment on that card (the Stockton mentality must be contagious).

Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. Thatís it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote