MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - GSP/Shields Scorecards released

View Single Post

Old 05-25-2011, 06:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Sambo de Amigo
Welterweight

Sambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
I was really annoyed during the fight, so much so I was jumping up and down screaming and cursing for him to shoot.

But in hindsight...Shields said in almost every pre-fight UFC hype video, "I want to stand with GSP." "I want to be able to beat GSP on the feet." And I have to give him credit for sticking to his guns and trying to do exactly what he said he wanted to do.

I think it was the dumbest f*cking strategy in the history of strategies, but I commend him for it. The "come on baby!" in round #4 was classic, my second favorite moment on that card (the Stockton mentality must be contagious).
He changed his gameplan in the most important fight of his life sounds like Stockton is rubbing off on him.

Velasquez will be back

Sambo de Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote