Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

GSP/Shields Scorecards released

3K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  SideWays222 
#1 ·
See less See more
#7 ·
I had it 49-46 GSP with Shields taking round 5 as GSP was just trying to avoid taking anymore damage due to his eye.

I can't see giving Shields round 4 as he was more active in that he was landing with GSP's eye injured. But in 4 GSP was still landing more punches, more accurately.

#12 ·
I was really annoyed during the fight, so much so I was jumping up and down screaming and cursing for him to shoot.

But in hindsight...Shields said in almost every pre-fight UFC hype video, "I want to stand with GSP." "I want to be able to beat GSP on the feet." And I have to give him credit for sticking to his guns and trying to do exactly what he said he wanted to do.

I think it was the dumbest f*cking strategy in the history of strategies, but I commend him for it. The "come on baby!" in round #4 was classic, my second favorite moment on that card (the Stockton mentality must be contagious).

#20 ·
lol good call refs.. bunch of ******

pretty lame fight, actually accidentally switched it to golf mid way through ended up missing a round before switching back

#21 ·
Anyone that thinks GSP won round 5... I don't even know what to say honestly.

Round four was pretty damn close and I gave it to Shields, can't believe how ignorant people have been about that fight.

Probably because it's so long people only watched it once and most people remember Joe Rogan's awful commentary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.