MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Breaking into M.M.A. Training Log

View Single Post

Old 05-26-2011, 03:24 AM   #1041 (permalink)
illmatic
Featherweight

illmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of light
Fighter's Class with Kajan

Warmup, drilled double legs, then takedowns against the wall, different options depending on which way they split. Then we did rounds from guard focusing on ground and pound, which later turned into a lesson about the importance of ground and pound. Kajan wants us less concerned with jiu jitsu based positional games and thinking more about doing damage, breaking the opponent mentally and looking like you're winning. His example for this was from side control when they're taking damage and move to reguard, you can land 3+ powerful shots before they can square up and look for a guard, at which point you deny it by standing up, controlling the legs for a pass and back to pounding in side. Then 3 rounds sparring. Kajan wants me eating more vegetables and not dieting down any further so I'll adjust my intake accordingly and pick up a ton of veggies tomorrow.
illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote