MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Fighters You Used To Love, Now Loathe

View Single Post

Old 05-26-2011, 08:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
evzbc
Bantamweight

evzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level now
Fighters You Used To Love, Now Loathe

Because you only really get to know fighters through the personalities they display inside the ring (and sometimes through interviews after), often times I find myself rapidly changing the way I feel about certain fighters the more exposure they get.

Rampage is a good example of a guy who I used to like, now loathe.

A few friends who used to watch Pride introduced me to him as he was in some awesome wars. As I watched some of his HL reels and matches, I thought he was a badass fighter who liked to put on a good show.

However, the more I got to see him on TV and hear about him in the news, I found myself disgusted by the way he talks about opponents, disrespects reporters (especially women), and for his overall lack of enthusiasm for fighting in general.

The recent interview with Ariel Helwani really showcases his true colors ...he likes to make people look like fools.

I'm disappointed with him. He started off cool. He had a really good thing going for him. Who knows, I might end up liking him again, but just with his antics over the last few years, I'm left shaking my head.

What about you guys? Do you have any fighters who you really liked or wanted to like but now just want to see get smashed?
evzbc is offline   Reply With Quote