MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Breaking into M.M.A. Training Log

View Single Post

Old 05-28-2011, 12:09 AM   #1043 (permalink)
illmatic
Featherweight

illmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of light
No Gi

Warmed up and then pretty much rolled the whole class. Did half of it in working against the cage and using ground and pound. Then training partner came in and held pads for 5 rounds.

Hard training is done! Last day of work tomorrow and then I just chill. Going to grab a sports massage or two in the coming week. Will also be going in just for shadowboxing and visualization, maybe some very light work to refine takedown and defense, clinch work and groundwork.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to make it to Vancouver Island after work to catch the Battlefield Event. It's headlined by Denis Kang vs. Jesse Taylor. Also has a handful of my teammates and instructors, and the guy that beat me last is fighting to get the title shot for amatuer middleweight. Should be a good trip.

Went from nearly none to eating a shit ton of vegetables...Kale, Spinach, Broccoli, Carrots, Snow Peas, V8. I've upped calories a little bit, I'm still hanging around 193, which should be a standard cut. Drinking 7L water a day now for water loading.
illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote