MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - *MMAF OFFICIAL* You RAGE you lose thread!!!

View Single Post

Old 05-28-2011, 05:13 PM   #25 (permalink)
TraMaI
"I <3 Trolls"

TraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggNuttz View Post
ok what im gonna say is gonna make me sound like a dick... but.....

so your mad that someone found niche group that you didnt and they are now making money, but you are not...... so there fore you rage...

hating a type of music is one thing..... hating people for liking a certain style that isnt yous.... thats another thing!
Niche is exactly the opposite of what popular music is. Pop music is consumed by the masses of people (Pop is not a genre as many think, it's a slang term for "Popular Music." Anything from Rock to Rap to Country can be pop music right now). A "niche" musician/band would be something that appeals to a smaller number of people that only like a certain thing. I'm not mad at anyone for making money. This is America and it's a capitalist society, I realize and embrace that completely. The thing I have a problem with is that they dumb music down so baddly that people forget the complexity and genius of older, classical music and generally music that is very complex and well written now is completely forgotten except by "niche" users. I love art as a whole and I wish to preserve the perspective of it and not make it something that appeals to masses just for the sake of making money. It's like taking a picasso and dumbing it down so badly it becomes stock photography. It has nothing to do with money outside of money being the driving force for most of the artists doing these things. I'm not jealous of them for their fame or fortune, I'm just saddened by the fact that some of these fantastic singers and songwriters who could be writing and singing very complex music and stories are essentially selling themselves short because the masses will eat up anything with a great hook and harmony.
TraMaI is offline   Reply With Quote