MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - New Fighter Training Log
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 02:29 AM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
frustration, more rest needed

Kickboxing lesson today to see how things feel. Felt great at the gym, but afterwards, was definitely feeling worse pain in my back. I think Iíll have to really take it easy the next few weeks, which really is gonna suck. I was so optimistic about jumping into training, but I guess my body just wasnít ready for that level of training yet. But I still have a voracious desire to be learning all I can Ė Iíll just have to ease into things moving forward.

As far as what we actually worked on today, getting more and more into kicking technique shows me how much I really do suck at it. But I am getting better. My thai kicks are getting more and more solid. Putting those together with push kicks into combinations is an exciting step to take, but when I do those combos, I definitely lose the technique and my power suffers. So Iím gonna make sure that I have the technique in muscle memory before I spend too much time practicing on my own and conditioning Ė another good reason to ease into things moving forward.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome