MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - JDS is the worst coach ever

View Single Post

Old 06-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
HexRei
I Finish Threads

HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
YUP, if you saw four guys demonstrate have physical and mental breakdowns on one night don't you think you should look at the common factor?

Ramsey - blubbering mess at the end of his fight, clearly broken mentally. The UFC has been known to cut mentally weak TUF alum basically on the spot (Hi Starnes and Escudero)

Shamar - Through his little tantrum while he was fighting a scrub in Ryan, you think Zuffa is going to let a mediocre fighter get away with that? The guy is going to be used as enhancement talent and cut once he loses.

Edwards - Gassed after five minutes, we don't like to see that in HW's what do you think happens with bloody Welter weights.

Ryan - Looked like someone fighting Royce Gracie in UFC 1, only thing missing was the one boxing glove.

Javier - Lost twice on the show, and demonstrated his style of boring lay and pray that didn't work.

Mick - If he's lucky maybe people will forget who is he, I know I did.

and of course

Zach - Had his bloody career ended by bad cornering.
To my knowledge, they had been back at their original camps for a couple of months before this event. I have a tough time attributing this all to JDS, he's just one guy, if we're going to dump blame, why not look at the assistant coaches, or the camps they come from back home?

Or the possibility that they may have been riding the laurels a bit while their TV show was airing, and not training as hard as they should? Imagine how many drinks the locals buy you at the bar when a tv show you starred in is on the screen?