MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What Are You Doing Right Now!!!?

View Single Post

Old 06-09-2011, 05:04 PM   #12985 (permalink)
M.C
Master Elodin

M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post
I'm a big fan of his. I don't get why people liked Les Strouds survivorman better. I don't. I don't know, but Bear Grylls has that same 'thing' Steve Irwin had. Always jumping into danger in a stupid, but entertaining way.

Steve Irwin: "This is the most dangerous snake in the world. One bite could easily kill you! Let's pull it's tail..."

Bear Grylls: "This is lethal. Once you go in the river you will probably die. Let me just swim to the other side to get that old bottle soeone left there..."
He doesn't actually do those things. He's never done anything dangerous on the show. It's all for show and entertainment, but he's never, ever, not one single tiny little time in any real danger. Not anymore than anyone else is in their day to day life.

There are multiple videos on the net showing how fake he and his show is. There is a video showing him "dangerously" hopping over this small canyon in one of his episodes, then it cuts to a random person being filmed in the exact same area, and it's about 300 feet from a road with cars passing by, and it's not deep, and the "canyon" ends like 10 feet ahead of where he "jumps" over it.

His entire show and everything he does minus killing animals for no reason whatsoever is fake.

As for why people give credit to Survivorman, it's because he's actually out there surviving. You don't see him doing those dangerous leaps and crap, because it's all fake and for pure entertainment. It's as good as being on a stage with a green screen. Survivorman is actaully out there and actually giving you tips on how to really survive, not play fake games and pretend.

Here's a different video showing how he does his "dangerous" acts, then showing how it's all just an act and fake in the second part of the video.

“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin