MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Starting on knee's position when grappling techniques

View Single Post

Old 06-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Halfraq9
Flyweight

Halfraq9 is a splendid one to beholdHalfraq9 is a splendid one to beholdHalfraq9 is a splendid one to beholdHalfraq9 is a splendid one to beholdHalfraq9 is a splendid one to beholdHalfraq9 is a splendid one to beholdHalfraq9 is a splendid one to beholdHalfraq9 is a splendid one to beholdHalfraq9 is a splendid one to beholdHalfraq9 is a splendid one to beholdHalfraq9 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftsound View Post
Anyone have any good tips on starting from the knees position when you grapple? We always start this way during class and I never know how to initiate a takedown from here and end up on my back or somehow getting my back taken.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Stay balanced, head up, elbows in, don't reach. Learn clinch work and to be mobile in that position (knee walk).

My personal strategy is to mess with their center of gravity. I do this by pulling/pushing on their head and or shoulders, arm/wrist control, etc. Depending on what happens I usually end up bear hugging and going into their guard, sticking their head in the mat and taking their back, securing a guillotine, or an arm drag. Once in awhile I get a decent shot.

Hope this helps.
Halfraq9 is offline   Reply With Quote