MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Donald Cerrone vs Vagner Rocha Pre/Post Fight Thread

View Single Post

Old 06-10-2011, 02:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
SigFig
Featherweight

SigFig Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSigFig Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSigFig Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSigFig Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSigFig Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSigFig Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSigFig Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSigFig Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSigFig Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSigFig Is True Champion Of KnowledgeSigFig Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Matt View Post
Cerrone has 12 submission victories.....he can fight anywhere.
I'm a huge Cerrone fan and he's certainly crafty on the ground as demonstrated by his 12 subs, but keep in mind most (actually, all, pretty much) of those subs were performed on strikers/bangers --> Kelly, Horodecki, Ratcliff, Njokuani, etc.

There's not a single victory over of high level grappler on Cerrone's resume -- Danny Castillo and James Krause are probably the highest level grapplers Cerrone has beaten. And that's not saying much.

I'm definitely rooting for Cerrone here but if he fights to Rocha's strengths here and decides to have a ground war, I'll be surprised.