MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What Are You Doing Right Now!!!?

View Single Post

Old 06-10-2011, 10:00 PM   #12996 (permalink)
M.C
needs more cowbell

M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post
Once again you missed the point.

Bear is entertaining.
Les is not.
Bear makes for good tv.
Les does not.
Bear does things out of the ordinary.
Les does exactly what we did as boyscouts. Nothing more, nothing less.

So what if Bears shows are set up? Who cares? Bear is a former special forces soldier. He has climbed everest at 23. He has done all sorts of things like that. Les? He lived in the wild for a year for their honeymoon? Big whoopty doo.

Oh and Les has a crew following him all the time. They're not even far away. Don't be naive, there are insurance companies, safety regulations and contractual safety obligations at work here.
I never said Bear's entertainment show wasn't entertaining. I said the reason why many like Survivorman better is because he's actually surviving, it isn't fake, where as Bear's is 100% fake. He's never in danger, he's never in any positon that would even be considered dangerous. His leaps over cracks in the ground and his rolls down hills and his crazy things are all acted, none of it is real, he's not doing anything dangerous. It would be like saying Jason Statham is in constant danger during his movies. Both Jason and Bear have entertaining shows, but they are both completely, 100% fake.

It is you who is missing the point, not me. I'm not saying his show isn't entertaining, I'm saying the reason why many like Survivorman more is because his show is real, where as Bear's is not and is acted like a movie is acted, none of it's real, and people generally have more respect for someone actually out there doing it, rather than pretending to do it like Bear does.

Also, no, Survivorman doesn't have a crew following him. They are close enough to where they can reach him swiftly via flying, incase anything happens. They monitor his location, etc. He is, in fact, alone though, and is not fed/sheltered/watched over the whole time he's out there.

Either way, it's just a TV show, I like both shows. It's just you asked the question "why do people like survivorman more" or something like that, and that's just my answer to your question.

“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin
“slow and drunk is no match for fast and scared shitless.”-Jacob