MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Junior Dos Santos = Chuck Liddell

View Single Post

Old 06-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
The_Senator
Lightweight

The_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwizzy2k5 View Post
After watching the fight last night, I realized that JDS is a heavyweight version of Liddell in his prime. His style is using his effective TDD (not as good as Chuck's, but still pretty good) to keep the fight standing so he can out box his opponents while rarely utilizing kicks or other strikes.
Not only that, but if you watched the fight last night closely you will notice that JDS's stance, demeanor, and motion very closely mimicked Liddell's style. I know it may sound like a random comparison but if you rewatch the fight you will see what I'm talking about.

At the end of the day, both JDS and Chuck have used their styles very effectively and now JDS is fighting for the title. JDS is the heavyweight Chuck Liddell, and he will be elite in this division for a long time!
I see the resemblance too... and on some of the photos JDS looks like Randy Orton from WWE too

3. Mauricio Rua
4. Anderson Silva
5. Alistair Overeem

Last edited by The_Senator : 06-12-2011 at 04:56 PM.
The_Senator is offline   Reply With Quote