MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Junior Dos Santos = Chuck Liddell

View Single Post

Old 06-12-2011, 05:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
LL
Rough Sex and Banana Pudding

LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec0688 View Post
I don't have anything against Chuck Liddell but I definitely don't regard him as the best of his era. If Rampage or Shogun was in the UFC when Chuck Liddell was the reigning champion, then it would be a whole different story.

The top LHWs weren't in the UFC at that time, so I'm not saying he was ducking anybody, you're just putting words in my mouth.
I've always felt this way, I won't deny what Chuck did but Rampage and Shogun have been fighting better competition than him and Wanderlei.

In regards to dos Santos being the "Heavyweight Liddell" I don't think that's accurate, and I hope not, I was really nervous Carwin would land something and dos Santos is going against big guys with big power, he really needs to utilize that ground game more, his take downs do look nice and being trained by Big Nog, I would love to see Junior use his grappling more.
LL is offline   Reply With Quote