MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What Are You Doing Right Now!!!?

View Single Post

Old 06-15-2011, 06:11 PM   #13088 (permalink)
HitOrGetHit
WEC For Life

HitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryOnicle View Post
It's not the breed at all, it's the owner or the way it was brought up. People who buy and breed Pitbulls, or Staffordshire Bull Terriers, or other so called 'dangerous' breeds specifically to fight, to protect and to use as intimidation are disgusting and spit in the face of real owners and dog lovers. The reason you hear about them so often is when something DOES go wrong, is that they're so powerful they do alot of damage. There are plenty of small dogs that are incredibly aggressive due to how they were raised and people find it funny or cute.

Within the last 2 weeks, I have been in a dog park, with literally 30+ dogs all on the same 100metre or so field, without one incident. At least 50% were so called dangerous breeds, Staffies, German Shephards, Rotties and they were extremely playful and lovely dogs. Unfortunately I've yet to meet a Pitbull due to the ban the UK has on them.

I firmly believe it is not the breed. If that were the case every Pitbull would be a disaster.

Agreed. And people that have the intention to train fighting dogs normally turn to pits because of their build. Compact and stocky, makes them extremely powerful dogs.

Doesn't mean they are all fighting dogs though. Its like stereotyping humans to all be fighters because some of them are professional boxers.

"Don't be shocked that people die. Be surprised you're still alive."