MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Overeem vs. Werdum - Alistair Overeem "K.O. in the first round"

View Single Post

Old 06-16-2011, 04:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
khoveraki
ROCKET FISTS

khoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renown
"What's different about Overeem 2.0 that'll help you beat Werdum?"

"I weigh more now."

Maybe he just wasn't taking the interview seriously or something. Werdum has improved tremendously standing. He outstruck Bigfoot easily for three rounds (only person to ever do that including Arlovski and Rizzo), outstruck Mike Pyle, etc and his BJJ is the best at heavyweight period.

I think Werdum will look like Shields in rd1, sort of awkward standing but enough to keep Overeem from rushing in. Rd2 I see Overeem starting to slow down and Werdum picking up the pace. Werdum will probably get dropped in this fight a few times but Werdum wants it on the ground so any punch he gets hit clean he'll likely drop to his butt intentionally.

sig credit to Limba

lobster train.
khoveraki is offline   Reply With Quote