MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What Are You Doing Right Now!!!?

View Single Post

Old 06-17-2011, 04:07 AM   #13126 (permalink)
Coq de Combat
Flyweight

Coq de Combat is on another level nowCoq de Combat is on another level nowCoq de Combat is on another level nowCoq de Combat is on another level nowCoq de Combat is on another level nowCoq de Combat is on another level nowCoq de Combat is on another level nowCoq de Combat is on another level nowCoq de Combat is on another level nowCoq de Combat is on another level nowCoq de Combat is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
Qimo is great it's just very limited. My kids have had it since they were 3 and the only thing they still play is tux.

unfortunately, when it comes to fun and educational for young kids there is infinitely more stuff for windows. that's why I thought wine would be a big plus.

Qimo is just Ubuntu by the way. With the kids dock and some very old games. I just think someone with talent could do better and like I said it's a niche that would be noticed in the linux world.

another good alternative would be something aimed at the elderly. There is a neat UI called eldy but the linux version supposedly made for mint (again just ubuntu customized) sucks.

Yeah, I remember reading about it being based on ubuntu. Which of course is good enough for most people. Not sure, but I think there are legal obstacles that could prevent one from integrating wine into the distros. Kind of like mp3 codecs, windows fonts and so on.

I just looked into the eldy you talked about. Seemed like a great idea. I'll have to look more into it. Not going to decide anything quite yet, but you did have some good ideas there. Thanks mate