MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Squirrelfighter's Training Journal

View Single Post

Old 06-17-2011, 06:04 PM   #78 (permalink)
Squirrelfighter
Squirrel Fighting Champ

Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Lifted. Max Effort Upper body

Flat Bench Press 5x5
Inverted Rows 3x8, 6, 6
Seated Rows 8x10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 4, 6, 8
Close Grip Bench 5x5

I had hoped for the cabled abdomenal contractions to be a regular thing since their applicableness was very applicable and I enjoyed doing them. But forgot to ask, and obviously they weren't a priority.

All in all the workout was solid. The next day my lats/chest and arms are sore but not ungodly so. My left hamstring is still killing me. To the point where I canceled Dynamic Lower today and rescheduled for tomorrow, along with padwork/sparring etc. I don't even know if that'll still be on. There's a fairly significant pain in the hamstring, as well as stiffness and its right behind the knee. The knee itself (right beneath the knee cap) also aches profusely. I'm not one to go to the hospital for anything, but I'm genuinely considering perhaps seeing if I can have some x-rays or something to see if there's a damaged tendon/ligament (this is due in part to the fact that tiger balming the f*ck out of it has had zero effect) or wait, and see if the muscle is just strained, time will solve a strain.

Diet has had a couple hiccups the past couple days. I can't remember what I ate, but I remember it being unhealthy for dinner the day before yesterday so...yeah, hiccup. And I may have had a pudding snack pack at some point...its all a blur of apathy.

Anyway, I'm rethinking my goals a lot lately. Maybe due to the injury I've got a fear streak in me that's causing it, or maybe I'm just less interested than I was a few years ago. I don't really know. All that matters at the moment is tomorrow I've got more shit to do.

Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. Thatís it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote