MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Ben Askren (to Nate): "Come to Bellator and I will crush you"

View Single Post

Old 06-28-2011, 08:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Indestructibl3
The Avy Slut

Indestructibl3 Is Destined For GreatnessIndestructibl3 Is Destined For GreatnessIndestructibl3 Is Destined For GreatnessIndestructibl3 Is Destined For GreatnessIndestructibl3 Is Destined For GreatnessIndestructibl3 Is Destined For GreatnessIndestructibl3 Is Destined For GreatnessIndestructibl3 Is Destined For GreatnessIndestructibl3 Is Destined For GreatnessIndestructibl3 Is Destined For GreatnessIndestructibl3 Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
This is nothing more than a small player using a big name as a means of self promotion.

I got no respect for fighters who use such tactics.

Fight your way up...don't sit around the dinner table bitching for scraps that fall to the ground.
I agree that he should keep his mouth shut and prove himself against top competition before he starts calling out big names - but in all fairness, it's not his fault that Bellator don't have big name WWs for him to fight. He is gonna fight a former UFC fighter in Jay Hieron next.

Once Askren gets comfortable with his striking, the guy is gonna be an absolute monster. He's at Roufussport atm I think - so there aren't many better places for him to improve on that. I don't see him ever using a Liddell type sprawl-and-brawl strategy, but if he ever comes up against someone who can comfortably defend his TDs (eg, GSP) he'll be able to set up his TDs better with his striking.