MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Burning fat, weight loss, help appreciated.

View Single Post

Old 07-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Coq de Combat
Flyweight

Coq de Combat is on another level nowCoq de Combat is on another level nowCoq de Combat is on another level nowCoq de Combat is on another level nowCoq de Combat is on another level nowCoq de Combat is on another level nowCoq de Combat is on another level nowCoq de Combat is on another level nowCoq de Combat is on another level nowCoq de Combat is on another level nowCoq de Combat is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus View Post
30-45 minute light jog or power walk every day.
Yeah, but as said, it's hard to find the time for outside training. I will hit the crosstrainer every day (at least I've planned on doing it) - right now is a bit hard because of not being at home (we've just moved out to the country side for the summer).

On the other hand, being on the country side gives me a lot of other training/exercises opportunities, such as cutting up wood, cutting grass, and the likes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese View Post
I would also give serious consideration to the frequency you eat. I had a great deal of success eating 6 or 7 smaller meals per day rather than one or two small ones and then one large dinner. Portion control will truly help loose weight rapidly.

I agree with the other responses in so far as white bread. If you need bread, go with 12 Grain or even whole wheat (read the surgar/carb content on the label).

Even though you say you dont want muscle - A little lean muscle will go a long way. The more lean body mass you have, the more calories your body burns just sitting there! You have probably heard the saying "the rich get richer and the poor get poorer"... Think if that in association to fitness. The more lean you are, the leaner you will get. the more body fat you have, the more fat you will easily collect.

You dont have to hit the gym with super high intensity training - Just simple plyometrics at home 3 times a week can help with that.

Good luck - And remember, a fit life starts at day one. Somtimes the results take a while to show. But you will certainly feel healthier sooner than you think.
Wow, great post. Thanks. Yeah, it's not that I'm allergic to lifting weight or anything, just that I'm pretty content with my body when it comes to pure strength/muscles. But I'm not going to say "no thanks" to building up my body a bit more.

Are push ups and sit ups good training for me, considering my "problems"?

I'm still a bit unsure whether I should do the insanity work out, or not. I guess it wouldn't harm me if I tried.
Coq de Combat is offline   Reply With Quote