MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Gaining Massive Lean Muscles...

View Single Post

Old 07-09-2011, 12:15 AM   #22 (permalink)
Scarecrow
Featherweight

Scarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
Man, three different protein shakes. At most I had two, morning and post workout.

Nutrabolics Fighter's Food - only 25 grams of protein, but the Acai Berry is THE BEST tasting shake out there.

Isomass for post work out - 60grams of protein + 7 types of creatine + omega fatty acids. Worst tasting shake, but helped build my weight.

I'll try your recommendation. Yah my sleeping habits has really been detrimental. Everybody I know who are ripped eats four to six meals a day no exceptions. I only eat two at the moment with four to six hours of sporadic sleep...lolz!
Getting the proper rest every day is essential. I would almost consider getting 7 hours of sleep a night being more important than the work you actually put in at the gym. As for the brand of protein powder you take, it's all a matter of preference. The types that I listed all have good flavor, mix easily and are specific to my needs. I am, however, more picky on what I eat, and when I eat than other people. There are other brands that are cheaper than what I take, but based on personal experience I can promise you that what I take works very well when included with a consistent diet.

So...this is where we are right now with where you need to focus.

- Get 7 hours of sleep a night, no exceptions.
- Keep track of everything you eat in a daily journal.
- Eat 6 even meals a day, planned out 24 hrs in advance.
- Don't skip meals!!!
- Meet your caloric needs each meal, even if it hurts.

I can promise you that if you follow the information I have posted in this thread you will put on lean muscle. Eat healthy, work out intelligently, and keep a caloric surplus and your body will do the rest. Be sure to remember that it's impossible to gain muscle without also gaining a little bit of fat along the way, but once you get yourself around 10-15lbs heavier than where you really want to be, then we can start looking at how to cut your diet to cut bodyfat while keeping your muscle gains. Cheers!