Rosholt wins by decision...
UFC veteran Jake Rosholt earned a clear-cut decision win over former IFL champion Matt Horwich in the main event of Friday night's Shark Fights 17 event.
The rematch served as the featured contest of the HDNet-broadcast event, which took place Friday night at Dr Pepper Arena in Frisco, Texas.
Rosholt used a grinding approach, relying on solid clinchwork and takedowns to earn the clean sweep on all three judges' cards.
The result proved revenge for Rosholt, who was defeated by Horwich in a November 2010 TKO result.
Rosholt has remained active since the loss, securing a 5-0 record in 2011.
In the evening's co-feature, former UFC champ Ricco Rodriguez made quick work of final-day replacement Doug Williams. Rodriguez earned a takedown in the opening minute and then quickly advanced to mount before his opponent offered up his neck. The rear-naked choke came quickly after, and the entire process took just two minutes and 16 seconds.
With the result, Rodriguez has now earned 12-straight wins. Although "Suave" continues to tease a potential move to the light heavyweight division, this bout was contested as a catchweight affair. Original opponent Karl Knothe was scratched at Friday's weigh-ins after an apparent miscommunication left him well above the contracted weight for the bout.
The evening's full results included:
* Jake Rosholt def. Matt Horwich via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
* Ricco Rodriguez def. Doug Williams via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 1, 2:16
* Emanuel Newton def. Ilir Latifi via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
* Erik Perez def. Douglas Frey via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
* Alan Jouban def. Andrew Goldthwaite via knockout (punches) - Round 3, 2:37
* Victor Hernandez def. Quaint Kempf via submission (armbar) - Round 1, 1:06
* Matt Hobar def. Jay Flores via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 1, 1:55