MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The Pacific

Thread: The Pacific
View Single Post

Old 07-19-2011, 03:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
G_Land
Roll Tide Roll

G_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF Material
The Pacific

I know this mini-series came out on DVD around Christmas but I just watched it. for those who have not seen it here is a quick overview.

The series is a sister show to the 2001 miniseries Band of Brothers and focuses on the United States Marine Corps' actions in the Pacific Theater of Operations within the wider Pacific. Whereas Band of Brothers followed one company of the 506th Parachute Infantry through the European Theater, The Pacific centers on the experiences of three Marines (Eugene Sledge, Robert Leckie and John Basilone ) who were all in different Regiments of the 1st Marine Division .

This show hit close to home with me. I served in the Marine Corps and was in the 1st Marine Div. And anyone who is a Marine knows those three names. There is another person that is in the series ....a Marine that set the bar for the years to come Chesty Puller. I knew the stories before I watched this and have read many books about it. This series brings what I had in my head to life! If you can go this whole series with dry eyes I will be surprised!

Credit to M.C !!
G_Land is offline   Reply With Quote