MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Alistair Overeem Out of Strikeforce Grand Prix; Replaced by Daniel Cormier

View Single Post

Old 07-19-2011, 05:41 AM   #28 (permalink)
limba
NO. 1 *BONER*

limba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killstarz View Post
Why would they put on an extra card JUST to accomodate Overeem?
Exactly. SF can barelly manage to put on cards atm.

They have no real contenders for their champions and they're just recycling their fighters and fights.

Example:

- their WW division is almost dead
- they have no contender for Jacare - Rockhold is getting a shot after a 17 month absence and 3 fights in the SF challengers series
- they have no real contender for Henderson

In this case i really don't balme ZUFFA.

They have that contract and they have to respect the terms of the contract.

PS: could this be Showtime's response to the rumours ZUFFA is considering signing a deal with HBO?!?!?!

Or just a coincidence?!

UFC - HBO?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
i dont mind this situation, overeem can face dos santos-cain winner after a tune up fight, cormier will defeat bigfoot and may win it but i think if its barnett he may not and we get some more and better match ups happening
YES PLS!
Tune up fight = vs Frank Mir.

He talked some smack in the past about Overeem, so this fight would have a story to go allong.

BELIEVE!

limba is offline   Reply With Quote