MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Alistair Overeem Out of Strikeforce Grand Prix; Replaced by Daniel Cormier

View Single Post

Old 07-21-2011, 12:49 AM   #54 (permalink)
beardsleybob
Flyweight

beardsleybob is a splendid one to beholdbeardsleybob is a splendid one to beholdbeardsleybob is a splendid one to beholdbeardsleybob is a splendid one to beholdbeardsleybob is a splendid one to beholdbeardsleybob is a splendid one to beholdbeardsleybob is a splendid one to beholdbeardsleybob is a splendid one to beholdbeardsleybob is a splendid one to beholdbeardsleybob is a splendid one to beholdbeardsleybob is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauno View Post
YESSSS. I mean it sucks his not competing in the tourney anymore but he had no business in there whatsover. The whole concept was that the winner of the GP would face Overeem for the title. A champion taking part of the tournament without putting the title on the line was ridicolous. Only thing now is that who is he going to face in SF? There's nobody left. I hope this means a crossover to the UFC and a tune-up fight with Frank Mir. As for the GP outcome, i have no idea and don't really care since they are definitely folding SF after it's all said and done.

Plus, no need to blame Zuffa, Showtime decides when the shows take place, not them.
That is some god awful management by Coker. Surely he would have had more influence when the deal was agreed.

It may sound idealistic and silly buuuuut it seems like Overeem was never going to finish the GP. He has only one fight left on his SF contract. Were they hoping he'd renegotiate during the GP? Why tie a man to a tournament that he was never confirmed to be finishing. I reckon they'll have him face Fedor in October, as he seems very insistent on fighting in October. Fedor will have plenty of rest after the Hendo fight, and I'm sure they'll want one last big fight out of Alistair before he inevitably moves onto the UFC.
beardsleybob is offline   Reply With Quote