MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The official Rusty CJ5 build thread

View Single Post

Old 07-23-2011, 10:20 AM   #17 (permalink)
Rusty
Gone Hunting

Rusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings System
Finally received the transmission Friday. Felt like slapping the face of the delivery driver for making jokes about how long it took to deliver but settled for being a rude smart ass to him. Here it is nestled in the seat of the daily driver.

That aluminum adapter on the back was 500 bucks by itself but I wanted to retain my Dana 300 transfer case which is the strongest one ever put into a CJ. The 1980 version which I have is also unique because it is 3-4 inches shorter than other makes. That will help with rear driveline issues which can be a problem with the 84 inch wheelbase of the CJ5. It can also be upgraded with a 4:1 low range kit if I need deeper gearing down the road.

I did bitch enough to where the company I bought it from refunded the shipping, saving me 200 dollars. That brings the total of the tranny and adapter to just over $1500.

Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote