MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The official Rusty CJ5 build thread

View Single Post

Old 07-24-2011, 07:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
Rusty
Gone Hunting

Rusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings System
It was overcast this morning so I headed to the shop. About 30 minutes later it was no longer overcast and the temperature was 108 with some ungodly heat index. I've drank a gallon of tea and half a gallon of water in the last 6 hours.

I had one of my best days progress wise today. For the life of me I couldn't remember how the fuel pump eccentric went on since it's been so long since it was taken apart but luckily figured it out and got everything on there that's neccessary.

The arm of the fuel pump rides on that oblong piece so that as the engine turns over it keeps the pump pumpin. The gear with the horizontal teeth is for the distributor to mesh with. As the engine turns over the distributor spins to allow spark.

Next was the new timing cover. Noone in town had a water pump for it so I found shorter bolts so I could seal up the front. The cover needs to be on before the oil pan and I wanted to make some good progress today.

Next up ws the oil pickup tube. It needs to be a certain distance from the bottom of the pan and there is a baffle it needs to go into inside the pan as well. Here it is in position.

Once done here, I put the pan on. Meant to get a pic with the engine spun over but like always forgot until afterward.

Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote