MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Defense vs knife + hold?

View Single Post

Old 07-26-2011, 06:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Voiceless
Welterweight

Voiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
Thank you for sharing, Voiceless.

I have a few questions:
"So when you have control over his knife arm you want to stomp kick on his leg, preferable his knee and inflict as much damage as you can so he won't be able to follow you when you run away if you have the possibility."

--> What about him having pumped up adrenaline so he could still run after me, not feeling the pain? Or he could be a ferocious maniac who won't give up running after his victim until he has him?
You will always have that problem and as I said there is NO 100% safe way and there is always the possibility that you get hurt, in particular if the attacker actually IS stronger than you. But concerning the running of him after you, that why you should inflict damage and attack his knee or ankle, because damage there does not only causes pain, but reduces the function of the joints. Without those joints working functionally any more he just CAN'T run after you, even though he would overcome the pain due to adrenaline.

Quote:
About the shock knife, sorry but I am not that insane to go get such a weapon. I will keep training with the rounded out 'butter' knife (full flexible rubber. It bends very easily, you know the type). This way you can go full power with the knife while not being afraid to hurt the other, since knife fights happen at full speed usually. I am not going to buy a knife.
The shock knife is not really a "weapon", it's a training device that simulates a knife. You can inform yourself about it on their website. But as I wrote, I don't recommend only a single knife training device, but several like shock knife to get instant cutting feedback, marker knifes for evaluation and rubber knifes.

Quote:
The acknowledged knife fighting instructors? I doubt they live in Europe or would do the hassle to come over to our tiny dojo. I bet they would cost a lot of money to get in.
In Europe (more precise in Germany) you could find Uli Weidl who is Europe chief instructor of Pekiti Tirsia Kali under Leo Gaje who is one of the (maybe the) main instructors in knife fighting for the Philippine army.
Voiceless is offline   Reply With Quote